Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week #9, Thing #17: YouTube

I'd never been to YouTube before this "class." I spent a few minutes having fun watching the first part of the recommended videos. I especially was taken with Introducing the Book. I could see using these to liven up a long instruction session if I could find something appropriate. But I spent quite a bit of time searching for quality interesting content, and most of the videos I began watching were in the nature of home movies, boring unless they were YOUR home movie.

There is quite a bit of creative talent out there, amongst the drek. For the really good pieces, like a wonderful bit of footage of Space Ship One, I worry about preservation.

So if I were teaching or had a presentation in the works, I might think about both using and possibly creating some videos too.

No comments:

Post a Comment