This "week's" assignments are several hours worth really. Need to balance the workload here... I couldn't possibly spend 45 minutes on just one video.
Anyway I explored some of the tools at some length, over an hour or so. Google Docs is great. Would be good for working on committee work with librarians from other institutions. No need to use it for work or home as Office is already there. And wouldn't be permitted to put confidential stuff I work with there anyway.
Basecamp s*cks. I use it for a project I'm working on now. Don't go there.
I do have concerns about what happens to the content of the docs that are loaded to some of these sites. For now I trust Google to not be evil, but I don't know who these other people are.
And as for trusting recommendations, it is nice to get ideas from LifeHacker, but I don't BELIEVE. I get recommendations from people I know and trust. I think it is pretty naive of people to do ANYTHING because it is popular.
Back to work...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment